"I'm sad lonesome and blue
I was fair as the summer day now the summer days are through
You pass through places and places pass through you
But you carry 'em with you on the souls of your travellin' shoes

Well I love you so dearly I love you so clearly
Wake you up in the mornin' so early
Just to tell you I got the wanderin' blues
I got the wanderin' blues
And i'm gonna quit these ramblin' ways one of these days soon
And I'll sing

The littlest birds sing the prettiest songs...

Well it's times like these I feel so small and wild
Like the ramblin' footsteps of a wanderin' child
And i'm lonesome as a lonesome whippoorwill
Singin these blues with a warble and a trill
But i'm not too blue to fly
No i'm not too blue to fly cuz

The littlest birds sing the prettiest songs...

Well I love you so dearly I love you so fearlessly
Wake you up in the mornin' so early
Just to tell you I got the wanderin' blues
I got the wanderin' blues
And I don't wanna leave you I love you through and through."

- The Prettiest Birds, The Be Good Tanyas

I lifted these lyrics from a website somewhere because I feel they capture the way I've been feeling lately.

I have reached a stage in my life wherein I would like to start living the way I always intended; that is, simply and in touch with nature and with a real connection with people. I am going to get a designated degree and then move down south, most likely to Bristol, at the end of the year.

I just value my degree less as I learn more with my own perspective. I suppose it's meant to be this way with people who choose to live deliberately and outwith convention. I simply believe that with all the reading, temperance and thoughtfulness... well, it's just not in my interests to have a certificate that tells people how useful I am. I am who I am, shaped not only through university but my own experience of it. Too many folks have a university education but no momentum is gathered. The experience occurs and is forgotten in a moment.

I intend to move South and keep up with the self-study. After the literature I might start with a self study of economics and ecology. I am not satisfied with university education. I will only be satisfied by my own natural development through myself and the way I am with others.

I do not care to write about it any longer. I am quite content now, as opposed to how I felt at the beginning of January. I might have had glandular fever but I'm not quite sure. All I know is that I must have aged several years in the process because I'm listening to a lot of folk/ country music now.

So, I think I've gathered the momentum I need to get through the year and to make plans for my move to Bristol or wherever. I can imagine living in Bristol. Friends have told me that I would fit in there well and this town is too small and too uptight for me to feel comfortable. I need community, I need to be able to travel to London when I like and I need a change. I would like to think that by Autumn I have made all the arrangements necessary.

I would like to spend Spring reading William Faulkner novels and taking walks. I've got an extensive collection of unread novels and I haven't nurtured my extra hours with leisure reading because of university work.

Oh, Spring, my favourite season...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Delirium and Drift

Memory

"Are All Humans Hedonists?"