Improved global food resource management...

Earlier this morning I bought a copy of the Guardian for the first time in a while and realised something that had eluded me for some time; in not picking up a newspaper on a regular basis I had become a thoroughly uninformed but well-fed mouth. This ought not to be, I believe. I ought to be more self-critical and disciplined, and perhaps waking up earlier and gathering up information, then late in the day forming coherent views upon subjects will make steer me onto a path with more direction.

"...it is possible to decrease food quantity without necessarily sacrificing the food quality. Ironically, a reduced income might cause the family to cut out the unnecessary processed foods and soft drinks, which would improve this family’s nutritional status."
-Resources Research, "A Global Week's Food", (http://makanaka.wordpress.com/2010/03/21/a-global-weeks-food/, March 21, 2010)

... when one looks into a subject one realises that it isn't always what it seems. I am going to do some research tomorrow....

Update, 26th January 2011:

This is a subject I know little about, but intend to learn about. I found a book titled "Mitigating the Nutritional Impacts of the Global Food Price Crisis" which is roughly two hundred pages long and primarily concerned with food price speculation and ways of planning for the future. My concern to begin with was perhaps with food wastage and the way it goes unmonitored, leading to an overall lack of discipline. Frugal living should be the priority. I could talk about a lot of priorities but it would mostly be an advocation of literally tearing the roof off of how things currently are.

I will teach myself about this situation and come back with a more satisfactory article.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Delirium and Drift

Memory

"Are All Humans Hedonists?"