"Damn These Vampires" by The Mountain Goats (Merge Records, 2011)
The w
ords to this song sound like they've come straight out of the Border Trilogy by Cormac McCarthy; wild, tormented, restless characters ravaged by whatever they've been through and overcast with the harsh reality.they're living in. The new song on the Mountain Goats (pictured left) album is what I was hoping for; a darker take on the human experience. I'm hoping for dark, clouded skies, characters who feel like they can't escape but manage to hold on to something anyway.... raw appeal is the promise, and if this release is anything to go by the new record, All Eternals Deck, due to be released on the 29th March 2011 on Merge Records, will be steered right along that course.
The album itself I intend to review upon release. In the mean-time the new song is available here and is very much worth listening to. The Stereogum article is also fantastic...
http://stereogum.com/620041/the-mountain-goats-damn-these-vampires-stereogum-premiere/mp3s/
ords to this song sound like they've come straight out of the Border Trilogy by Cormac McCarthy; wild, tormented, restless characters ravaged by whatever they've been through and overcast with the harsh reality.they're living in. The new song on the Mountain Goats (pictured left) album is what I was hoping for; a darker take on the human experience. I'm hoping for dark, clouded skies, characters who feel like they can't escape but manage to hold on to something anyway.... raw appeal is the promise, and if this release is anything to go by the new record, All Eternals Deck, due to be released on the 29th March 2011 on Merge Records, will be steered right along that course.The album itself I intend to review upon release. In the mean-time the new song is available here and is very much worth listening to. The Stereogum article is also fantastic...
http://stereogum.com/620041/the-mountain-goats-damn-these-vampires-stereogum-premiere/mp3s/
Comments
Post a Comment