Idling time whilst I'm still sick...
"Only a few old petals left on the rose that touched your hand. My little heart is a graveyard; it’s a no man’s land. You could tell I didn’t care, you kept pushing 'til I did. Woke up in a pit of despair on your bed, and I wondered how could do without you. How absurd, how absurd... how absurd. Put my lipstick back on, look myself in the eye. I’m heading out in the cold hard world and I’m getting very good at saying my goodbyes. My goodbyes, my goodbyes, my goodbyes, my goodbyes... Can you read the inscription? It seems to once have said 'He better take me with him; when he goes I’m good as dead'" -Jolie Holland, Palmyra
"Man lives consciously for himself, but is an unconscious instrument in the attainment of the historic, universal, aims of humanity." -Leo Tolstoy"Have courage for the great sorrows of life and patience for the small ones; and when you have laboriously accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake."- Victor Hugo
Comments
Post a Comment