Beyond

I have been reading slowly of late, mostly so that my mind can get used to thinking by itself. But I still keep finding parallels in the books I am getting through. For instance, after reading Foucault's Order of Things and, more recently, Nietzsche, I have found each of them immediately referenced in the introduction to Paul Virilio's Negative Horizon. It isn't as though these two authors are referenced anywhere all that prolifically, or at least that I know of. So it would appear that I am going in a very interesting direction. After learning how to put books down from Allain de Botton's How Proust Can Change Your Life I have also learned a very useful habit of finding the books which inform one another on their deficiencies and also the books which are a continuation, even if from the halfway mark of the previous one, of the last thread. I would like to explore this rhythm of coincidences further but I am going to take sometime to organize my library and finish several books which I mean to. 

There are other things that need to be finished after that, and it may well be that the next article will find myself in a new place, a "beyond"; that word that is less slenderly making its way into my thinking. There are many new ideas to share, all of which I am excited about but time is important...

Popular posts from this blog

Delirium and Drift

Memory

"Are All Humans Hedonists?"