More words and a little more structure...
I was insisting earlier: we are an interconnected whole. I entirely trust that in the next several years things are going to move so fast and the challenge will be set so high that we will not be able to refrain from living in this moment. The whole human population will have to wake itself to the environment it has been able to ignore.
"In law and economics, Richard Posner asked rhetorically whether justice was not merely what was economically efficient... In philosophy, John Rawls' veil of ignorance situated individuals outside the context of any particular community and asked them to calculate their advantage in the context of uncertainty."
This article is written largely about how markets have become less intuitive and, thus, less in tune with environment. And once we have created an artificial environment our rules become imaginary and thus unpredictable; the trend of nature is surer than human fault. So this is what I am writing about, and will continue to emphasise in this journal from now on. I required direction and I believe this is it.
The green new deal:
- "Clean energy, cleaner technologies including recycling...": I particularly like this element, but the emphasis should also be upon austerity in electricity consumption, the packaging of commodities, the use of collective transport in getting from here to there. Individual transport must be criticised in an effort to create an austere and responsible population. Emphasis should be set upon developing railways and tramlines, and we must not lead ourselves to the easier route of nuclear energy production, as it is a massive threat to the health of populations both human and not.
- "Rural energy including renewables and sustainable biomass": Wind and solar, yes, but the same answer applies to this objective; simply because biomass appears sustainable, it does not serve to replace energy sources; emphasis must be set upon de-growth, and minimisation of energy consumption.
- "Sustainable agriculture": This is the pivotal area of growth. And growth as it ought to be; not in terms of industrial expansion on human terms, but in terms of human cultural expansion on nature's terms. The effort to sustain the surrounding environment is bound to prove fruitful to our communities and our educational development. The more people are relocated to sustainable opportunities outside of cities, the more likely we will have an even distribution of peoples: both culturally and agriculturally responsible. There can even be a shared responsibility and communication network between both areas. The key element is developing a population conscious of environment and the necessity of taking time.
- "Ecosystem infrastructure": I came across this wonderful and strangely unfamiliar term in a text I recently read called Sustainable Community Development. The emphasis is set upon establishing forests which are diverse in range of species, encouraging growth of wild organisms and thus creating an environment conducive not only to agriculture and species diversity, but also an environment which maintains the earth's respiratory system. Treating the earth as though it is a neglected living organism, a greater consciousness, is the best way to move this idea forward.
- "Reduced emissions from deforestation and degradation.": Deforestation will only come from taking responsible action to maintain species diversity. A long-term strategy.
- "Sustainable cities including planning, transport and buildings.": Housing is a government's first priority. Without the adequate provision of housing and planning of urban areas, growth may become stagnant. I believe that housing must be bought by any existing government and must be tailored to meet the population's needs. I believe that it is also a community obligation and I believe that co-operative housing projects and initiatives in developing links with neighbours are imperative. I believe that a nation's hopes must never rest of its government alone. We are most accountable if we cannot provide our neighbours with reasonable support systems.
In the time coming I will begin to focus this journal more upon these ideas, which can be adopted universally by people living out with and inside Britain. These ideas can begin anywhere, and only really require a sense of trust and sense that improvement in the welfare of others can lead to a much more workable situation for all.
Comments
Post a Comment