"You could surely try to be more alive..."


"You could surely try to be more alive..."
THIS JOURNAL has gone through several bumbling transitions. Having started writing on-line nine years ago this has not been the only place that I have written, and all but this journal have faded into time (or become part of this new project, which is a far more optimistic way of looking at it). The thing is, I think I have found a good place to write for the time. I abandoned this journal three years ago when I tried to make an effort to express my ideas the way I had once been able to in the past. I had lost collections of commentaries, philosophies and stream-of-consciousness entries (which aren't without value) to my own ambivalent attitude to writing. What I insist at this particular moment  is that I have found a place to remain, at least indefinitely, and remain I shall.

It will not be called "Sleeping in the Greenery" because I feel that I am no longer daydreaming as I once was; it will not be entitled "Stirring Amongst the Leaves" as that reflects a motion that has been and gone; it will not be called "Falling From the Sky", as I feel like I have already landed somewhere; it will neither be called "And Through the Loophole" or "Through the Loophole" as loopholes do not communicate and the appelation only served to describe how I felt at that precise moment. It will be aptly called "A Tapestry of Molecules", which highlights my understanding of my position here; a patchwork, a folding over of ideas and expressions, a willingness to weave ideas together and let it remaind alive and as part of an active principle. Dialectical in nature, and prone to mutability and forever questioning itself and growing as time demands that everything does in the overall scheme of things. 

I admit that I took the title from a song that start the whole project off, called "No-one Said it Would Be Easy" by Cloud Cult, but it is merely an homage, and a showing of respect. The readers, small in number that they are, might be interested to know that this has never quite been a collage of thoughts and a gathering of selected quotations and found wisdoms, but rather an attempt to tip the scales and to look at humanity's position in time and space as honestly and with as much purpose for growth alongside nature as possible. This is my path and I choose quite humbly to follow it and give it the colour, animation and time that I think it deserves. Admittedly I wrote what I titled (a little preposterously in retrospect) "mission statement" earlier in August but I believe no title is a more suitable choice to settle on. No ideology, no religious or anti-religious frame of discussion, no gainsaying the opinions of others; simply the active principle of love and creation.

This is my sole intention as an author.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Delirium and Drift

Memory

"Are All Humans Hedonists?"