Henry David Thoreau...
"However mean your life is, meet it and live it: do not shun it and call it hard names. Cultivate poverty like a garden herb, like sage. Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. Things do not change, we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts..."
- Henry David Thoreau
I do not think I will be writing much to-day but I may write a little about my reading of Henry David Thoreau's Walden; Or, Life in the Woods. It's a strange piece to write because of the time and place that I read it; strange coincidences, and all the rest.
In the meantime I'll play a little guitar and do some reading before I go to this music session I was invited to tonight. I don't know how to play the guitar all that well but there ought to be a few harmonicas here and there that I can play and people always want to play something by Bob Dylan...
- Henry David Thoreau
I do not think I will be writing much to-day but I may write a little about my reading of Henry David Thoreau's Walden; Or, Life in the Woods. It's a strange piece to write because of the time and place that I read it; strange coincidences, and all the rest.
In the meantime I'll play a little guitar and do some reading before I go to this music session I was invited to tonight. I don't know how to play the guitar all that well but there ought to be a few harmonicas here and there that I can play and people always want to play something by Bob Dylan...
Comments
Post a Comment