Tree of Knowledge
It is not going to be long until I write something I did not expect, that remained always latent. I challenge myself to be awake and all of a sudden I am met with new discoveries, such as the understanding that there is no knowledge that will last or will not alter. Even discoveries within physics and mathematics extend only place-markers for their discoveries and each time the sciences reach an epistemic break, they are forced to consider that they are always incomplete. But, even further, I would state that the world is incomplete, and that there may not be such a thing as a thing complete. There may be significant understanding but to place this within a arborescent shape when all connection is truly lateral and mutually beneficent; well, the same limitations would be set upon it. Unless our maps were undivided and our cartography free-flowing, our systems will only be met with violence. After all, the trading links and spaces for growth are all available. Unless the violence of singularities and not multiplicities extends, the world will remain at war with itself and we will still regard breaking ocean waves as violent and not a portal inside of ourselves.
I totally get this sense of things being incomplete, poorly put together, only half formed. And as human's aren't we all just wired up by biologically random selection, so many quite distinct processes i guess "sutured" into the appearance of a working whole. I'd think that our deepest and most universal, yet still unaviodable trauma is the imposition of a structure onto this thing that goes beyond the ability of the symbolic logic applied to it.
ReplyDeleteYet theres this beautiful line right at the end of the "his dark materials" trilogy where after killing off their false god the girl lyra says to her "soul pet", "we must build it", and he says "build what?" and she says "the republic of heaven", the emphasis being not on the words "heaven" or "republic" but the notion of "building"