Ideas
“By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we
create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently
desired.”
― Franz Kafka
― Franz Kafka
It seems that if I pushed any further with this language it would be to no avail. This is how illustrators, carvers, sculptors, artists, musicians are born. The language is not quite enough and so a different form of expression is needed to continue. What I do understand is that if something is expressible in one language then it becomes a form that can be expressed anywhere. So language needs to be gathered together and the tussled edges which demonstrate the most outward signs of limitation. The language of own culture needs to meet the other, which has been othered too much. The truth is that the difference in expression points towards the expanding depths of human experience and expression, and words themselves are not enough to indicate this continuing depth. So it is with no hesitation that I will now make the attempt to learn in new languages, express myself with instruments and with colored pencils & watercolor hieroglyphs of is unrepresentable in language. This is where I will go, and I believe that it is better to find a world through a tapestry of language and color. This is, after all, what this journal was initially about. So, I will write songs, and draw what I can imagine. Words are not all we have to express ourselves and I believe that everything is already here, waiting to be discovered.
Comments
Post a Comment