Time passes...

So, here we all are. A billion different souls woven together in a tapestry of life and living, and all meeting one another either directly, indirectly or somewhat vaguely thinking of each other at every single moment as it darts by, overwhelmed by the sheer improbability of it all. To think that spending an entire life time thinking about it wouldn't bring us any closer to each other, and that intentionally living in all out despite its apparent chaos and lack of any kind of sense is the best kind of answer. Well, maybe and perhaps that's as far off as any other understanding of it.

I had a very difficult start to the year. My intentions for the way things would be didn't exactly work out and to be quite honest and truthful, I have to admit that life as it is was not within my control. There were subconscious leanings towards where I currently reside and three years ago I had intended on moving out here. Sustainable community, intentional living and all the rest; it resonates deep within me. So, perhaps my conscious efforts were thwarted but sometimes the most satisfying understanding is to be proven wrong in the direction you have chosen. After all, this was part of a long-term plan I had picked for myself. I did want to be more involved with community but I was plucked from my warm and comfortable nursery and positioned directly into the wild rich soil.

I suppose that I am indeed in the right place, and keeping my heart open to change has been the greater wisdom and reasoning the whole thing out.

I've been reading less than I had been, which is a change to the past two years which were filled with concentrated reflection and rumination. Much like a fire that has been glowing but not quite stirred into life. I've picked up on where I left off in 2008, that is, I've taken to spending more time in the dirt and using my own intitiative. There is less of that anticipated future that we tend towards in busier society and I find that I am more familiar with it, that it brings me back down to earth. I suppose it has been a period of a different learning but equally valuable.

Hopefully after I finish up here I will finish my degree at university and then move on to a similar kind of work. I'd quite like to get involved in foresty or conservation. Let's see, then...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Delirium and Drift

Memory

"Are All Humans Hedonists?"