Why I live and what I live for...
I won't go into detail on the motive for this entry.
It will in part be an explanation for my humanitarian leanings, and in due course it will extend to ideas I have for political change in this country. Economic, social and educational change will all be addressed as well.
I must first address the people who suffer from the same kind of anxiety as I suffer, that is, the heartbreak at seeing the world as it is, in all its flawed detail, tearing at its seams for survival. The suffering of which I speak is perhaps what it means to believe in god, in the ephemeral and undefeatable ideal. When we look at suffering and hate ourselves for having things so easy, when we cultivate frugal living habits, when we become ecologically concerned, when we try to learn us much as we can about what's going on in the world around us, when we break our hearts on every issue which we feel powerless to control. That anxiety, that feeling that we have no control over this vast ocean of events- well, it's mutual.
And I love whoever stands by that empathy and dares his neighbour to defy it. And I love even more the folks who try to share that empathy, who later act upon it by taking what they need and being able to give something truly valuable (relief, aid, charity, and a warmth that would otherwise not exist) to whomsoever needs it. I love the folks who crave humility, who feel starved because of what little they can do. The answer must be to have this sot of faith, because- let's face it- the Roman Empire could not compel the Christian believers to remain silent. It came close, but- truth be told- we will never founder so long as we stay true to a longing for mutual respect and understanding.
Why do I live? For this purpose: to hold this banner high and not let it be taken from me; to share this wealth that would otherwise be discarded by egoism and the tragic Darwinian principle (let us not forget that in understanding the past we might also turn it from its course! Thus I have always seen Darwinism as a foolish notion, in which comprehension itself may well be the key to dismantling a primitive process). I live to see the world some time realise that transparency and a share in wealth (not only material but metaphysical too (see cultural hegemony)) and a guiding principle that true happiness exists in social harmony alone.
Anyway, my political objectives (I am considering a career in politics, yes) is to change the focus from modernisation to naturalisation. That is, I wish to focus this country's objectives towards sustainability, to developing community awareness, to raising cultural standards. Lately I also discussed with a Portuguese fellow the idea of cultural hegemony and how that is pivotal for mutual understanding and civilised behaviour to become the norm.
The problem lies more or less in the easy access to wealth that exists in this country, but the absnece of any need for human discipline to attain it. There are some very ignorant entrepreneurs in this country and- I do not lie- it is like a successful virus destroying a host cell because the whole cell is unprepared to fight it off. This country is a host cell. The viruses will destroy it and move somewhere else indiscriminately if we do not take steps to prevent it.
This country is weak, weak. And in a few days time I will have a few more things to say. Maybe I'll throw in that book review somewhere along the way as well.
It will in part be an explanation for my humanitarian leanings, and in due course it will extend to ideas I have for political change in this country. Economic, social and educational change will all be addressed as well.
I must first address the people who suffer from the same kind of anxiety as I suffer, that is, the heartbreak at seeing the world as it is, in all its flawed detail, tearing at its seams for survival. The suffering of which I speak is perhaps what it means to believe in god, in the ephemeral and undefeatable ideal. When we look at suffering and hate ourselves for having things so easy, when we cultivate frugal living habits, when we become ecologically concerned, when we try to learn us much as we can about what's going on in the world around us, when we break our hearts on every issue which we feel powerless to control. That anxiety, that feeling that we have no control over this vast ocean of events- well, it's mutual.
And I love whoever stands by that empathy and dares his neighbour to defy it. And I love even more the folks who try to share that empathy, who later act upon it by taking what they need and being able to give something truly valuable (relief, aid, charity, and a warmth that would otherwise not exist) to whomsoever needs it. I love the folks who crave humility, who feel starved because of what little they can do. The answer must be to have this sot of faith, because- let's face it- the Roman Empire could not compel the Christian believers to remain silent. It came close, but- truth be told- we will never founder so long as we stay true to a longing for mutual respect and understanding.
Why do I live? For this purpose: to hold this banner high and not let it be taken from me; to share this wealth that would otherwise be discarded by egoism and the tragic Darwinian principle (let us not forget that in understanding the past we might also turn it from its course! Thus I have always seen Darwinism as a foolish notion, in which comprehension itself may well be the key to dismantling a primitive process). I live to see the world some time realise that transparency and a share in wealth (not only material but metaphysical too (see cultural hegemony)) and a guiding principle that true happiness exists in social harmony alone.
Anyway, my political objectives (I am considering a career in politics, yes) is to change the focus from modernisation to naturalisation. That is, I wish to focus this country's objectives towards sustainability, to developing community awareness, to raising cultural standards. Lately I also discussed with a Portuguese fellow the idea of cultural hegemony and how that is pivotal for mutual understanding and civilised behaviour to become the norm.
The problem lies more or less in the easy access to wealth that exists in this country, but the absnece of any need for human discipline to attain it. There are some very ignorant entrepreneurs in this country and- I do not lie- it is like a successful virus destroying a host cell because the whole cell is unprepared to fight it off. This country is a host cell. The viruses will destroy it and move somewhere else indiscriminately if we do not take steps to prevent it.
This country is weak, weak. And in a few days time I will have a few more things to say. Maybe I'll throw in that book review somewhere along the way as well.
Comments
Post a Comment