"The sea is set in a wide place, that it might be deep and great..."
"Who then could go into the sea to look upon it, and to rule it? if he went not through the narrow, how could he come into the broad?"- 2 Esdras 7, 5
So I'm reading through the Apocrypha and the New Testament in the upcoming week. It was a task I began in the winter but halted in favour of peace of mind. Completion is around the corner though. The Bible is full of interesting stuff but one mustn't take it too literally. It's as someone said to me; these things were written in a time when people were absolutely afraid of what was next. Listening to a voice in terror without being in the slightest bit discerning could be a mistake. This is an opinion however. There isn't any bigotry. It's just as I choose to look at it.
I have a new diet of philosophical works on my bookshelf. Let's see how it goes. I'll have to read through this one before I say much more about it.
So I'm reading through the Apocrypha and the New Testament in the upcoming week. It was a task I began in the winter but halted in favour of peace of mind. Completion is around the corner though. The Bible is full of interesting stuff but one mustn't take it too literally. It's as someone said to me; these things were written in a time when people were absolutely afraid of what was next. Listening to a voice in terror without being in the slightest bit discerning could be a mistake. This is an opinion however. There isn't any bigotry. It's just as I choose to look at it.
I have a new diet of philosophical works on my bookshelf. Let's see how it goes. I'll have to read through this one before I say much more about it.
Comments
Post a Comment